What really stinks is when they put you in the stocks and your feet don't even touch the ground.
We spent a fun weekend touring Virginia and brushing up on our American history. In an effort to help Anne understand the sacrifices these first Americans made and how challenging their lives were, we tried to explain what we were seeing to her. One conversation went like this:
Mommy: Anne. Look at this house. It belonged to some of the first Americans a long time ago. Do you see the dirt floor? These people didn't even have carpet. There is no television, no phone, no light, no toilet, no My Little Ponies, and no baby dolls. What would it be like to live here???
Anne: First, I would take the glass down and go inside the house(pointing to the glass partition separating the tourists from the house display). Then I would have all of my friends over and we would have a party. We would play with those dishes and have a party!
Mommy: (Hummm....maybe I am the one who could learn the lesson here?)
1 comment:
Wow, you guys make us feel like slackers! We consider it a good weekend when we try out a new park in the local area. :-)
I'm going to have to remember your blog as a list of things I'd like to if we ever move to Virginia.
Post a Comment