Sunday, July 26, 2009
Anne and the Astronaut
We were excited to take Anne to Mr. Jack's astronaut party. Jack is an Air Force Academy friend of Brandon's who was just accepted to the astronaut program by NASA. We thought it was a great opportunity for Anne to meet a real astronaut. She agreed that it was a great party and happily posed for a picture with Mr. Jack. It wasn't until later that evening when I realized that Anne probably had no idea what an astronaut was. This was confirmed when I asked her what Mr. Jack does at work and she said, "earns quarters and reads books?" When I explained that he would fly up into outer space and could land on the moon she looked at me as if to say, "So that is what you all were so excited about."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment