
Thank you for 10 beautiful years of marriage. For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness (usually me) and in health. It has all been wonderful. Thank you.
It was hard to sum up 10 years in a few words, but here are a few highlights:
beautiful wedding, Catalina Island, Mohave desert, tears upon arrival, the trailer, the flood, ant invasion, sprinkler system installation, Anika, swimming after work, rollerblading the strand, single guy car for new truck, Europe trip, AVC, flying jets, first Friday, Hawaii, first base house, Scandinavia trip, C-130, Yosemite, San Fran, move to Carmel, language school, nightly walks on beach with Anika, Chinese food, corner cafe, sugar cookies, Italian restaurant, sold del Sol, move to Europe, vacation apartment, das Winkelhaus, BMW, Ammersee, Switzerland (ah schoen), lasers, Garmisch/Oberammergau, American movies in Munich, glockenspiel, skiing, surf training, Gebrantemandelen, Christmas in Bavaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, Spain, our sweet Anne, England and Scotland, Andechs, fresh bread, beer, beer, beer, furniture shopping, recycling, good friends, Poland, visitors, local restaurants with Anika, weird vacation rental, Anne immigrates to US, Los Angeles, base housing fiasco, house with a view of Catalina, bus commute, surfing, sand, biking the strand, stressful job, seafood restaurant in Hermosa, Long Beach, Christmas dinner on the beach, Hawaii, tough pregnancy, sweet baby Claire, San Pedro, favorite Mexican restaurant, Disney, drive through Palos Verdes, In and Out Burger, move to DC, first attempt to buy a house, base housing fiasco #2, Rollingwood rental, Aruba, first home purchase, home renovations, BIG snow, skiing, fun job, tough pregnancy, easy delivery, beautiful baby boy, Aruba 2, Smithsonian, bus commute, Williamsburg anniversary, great family, love, Florida????
Where in the world will the next 10 years take us?
And, finally here are the lyrics to the song that has reminded me of you since we met. I play it each year at our anniversary, so this year I thought I would post the lyrics. Enjoy!
Alanis Morissette
Head over Feet
I had no choice but to hear you
You stated your case time and again
I thought about it
You treat me like I'm a princess
I'm not used to liking that
You ask how my day was
(chorus)
You've already won me over in spite of me
Don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault
Your love is thick and it swallowed me whole
You're so much braver than I gave you credit for
That's not lip service
(repeat chorus)
You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience
You're the best listener that I've ever met
You're my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long
I've never felt this healthy before
I've never wanted something rational
I am aware now
I am aware now
(repeat chorus)
1 comment:
Impressed with the detail of your memories! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment