In our neighborhood, it is standard for the children to be kept busy all summer long in summer day camps. Our neighbor children have been to snorkle camp, princess camp, space camp, LEGO camp, etc. When I was a kid, summer camp was a sandbox and a garden hose. And we liked it....we loved it. In this tradition, we have spent the summer in our backyard. Here are some photos from one of our activities. In case anyone wants to repeat this activity at home, I'll list the directions here:
1) Purchase (or find in someone's give away bag) one package of regular pipe cleaners and one package of glitter pipe cleaners
2) Open packages
3) Give to your children
4) Voila! Instant Art Camp!
1 comment:
Ha! I love, love, love this. Love it! It's hard to go against the grain. I applaud you for doing it! Summer camp is the same here. And, I think our kids will have some great memories of long leisurely days, spent together.
Post a Comment