I thought it would be fun to share a few items out of Anne’s journal.
Anne: Mommy! I kicked that balloon with my hair! (Translation: I bumped the balloon with my head.)
Mommy: Anne. Where does God live?
Anne: In a house?
Anne: Mommy! This is scrumptious! (Pointing to headband at the Gap.)
Mommy: Anne! You are making me crazy!
Anne: Mommy. I don’t make you crazy. I make you happy!
Anne: Daddy. Your hair is crunchy. (after a buzz cut)
Anne: I want cereal with beans. (Raisin Bran)
Anne: Mommy. You shouldn’t shout “Put on your pajamas! Put on your pajamas!” I have feelings.
Anne: (blows out a candle)
Mommy: What did you wish for?
Anne: A candle!
Daddy: Anne. Daddy is just holding your sucker in his mouth to keep it clean.
Anne’s Words: Pankiepon (porcupine), ring rings (earrings), kaputch (ketchup), calipeeper (caterpillar), black cookies (brownies), leet boaf (meat loaf), Calloween (Halloween), Sleeping Geaudy (Sleeping Beauty)
Anne: Mommy, those people are snokers. Old people are snokers (smokers).
Anne: I am little and sometimes I can't do things by myself. I need help. But that's OK...I don't take it personally.
Anne: Mommy. Do you think Anika is being a good girl for God?
(Anne started the day off on the wrong foot and was crying about her shirt. I sent her back to her room to find a new shirt and a new day.)
Mommy: Anne did you find a new shirt?
Anne: Yes.
Mommy: And a new day?
Anne: Yes. I found it in my heart.
4 comments:
"Yes. I found it in my heart." :o)
Oh, the lessons we can learn from children. I am seriously gonna try to find a new day in my heart when I need one. :o)
Thanks - these were funny! And show me what I have to look forward to!
So cute! That was very fun to read. What a sweet age, and a sweet girl!
Oh, so sweet! She is a delight!
I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts. I love the things that kids say! How great of you to journal everything--I think I'm going to have to steal that idea!
Post a Comment