My parents enjoying the beautiful 60 degree weather.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. - Martha Washington
I consider it an indispensable duty to close this last solemn act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of Almighty God and those who have the superintendence of them into His holy keeping. - George Washington as he resigned his commission as general of the Continental Army on December 23, 1783
Amazing....George Washington, who could have become a monarch after the war, resigned his military commission and turned the power of the country over to the US Congress establishing democracy in the United States. It also reminds us that we were established as "one nation, under God".
And, even Anne had a great interest in the life of George Washington...
1 comment:
Hey Ang- It looks like you are off on more adventures!! Please come entertain me. I am ready for the beach and some serious SUN!! And I am not even allowed in the dang sun!! We hope things are going well and maybe we can work out a time to come see you this spring or early summer. xoxoxoxo ER
Post a Comment